October 15, 2015 - Posted By shipporter
What to do if you’re having issues shipping from USA to Australia with Shopmate
Have you recently tried to make a purchase on an online web store based in the US, only to discover at the checkout that they don’t ship to Australia?
Have you ever had a package shipped to you from overseas, but your package is halted at the border because its dimensions or weight are not compatible with the Australia Post Shopmate system?
If you’re encountering frustrations with parcel delivery in Australia when purchasing from overseas, you’re not alone. Shopmate reviews consistently show that shipping from the USA to Australia using Australia Post’s freight forwarding service can be expensive, both in time and money.
Here is a list of common problems that Australian customers have experienced with Shopmate:
- The Shopmate service only works for shipments with a maximum weight of 22 kilograms as higher weights are not compatible with Australia Post
- Shopmate does not offer a package consolidation service, meaning you pay extra charges for each individually wrapped parcel
- Shopmate will only repack a parcel if there’s a saving of more than two kilograms in cubic weight for a $5 fee
- Shopmate will not repack items that are sealed in branded or protective packaging, such as retail goods or fragile items
- Shopmate does not clearly communicate up front that they charge for the greater of the actual weight or volumetric/cubic weight
How can Shipporter help Australian Shopmate customers with their international shipments?
So if Shopmate refuses to ship your parcel, what can you do?
If you have an oversized parcel stuck in the Shopmate system, we can help you retrieve it. Here’s how:
- Contact us and fill us in on your issue
- We’ll negotiate a shipping rate with you based on the information supplied by you
- We provide you with the address of our warehouse address in Inglewood, California 90303
- You ask Shopmate to arrange shipping from the Shopmate Oregon warehouse to our Inglewood warehouse
- Once your order arrives at our warehouse, we ship your parcel to your Australian address with no fuss at a sensational rate
Looking for an easier and more affordable way to receive international parcels?
Eager to avoid all this drama in the first place? Here at Shipporter, we allow you to shop and ship without borders and offer some of the most cost-effective shipping rates in Australia. Here’s how we make it easy for you:
- Because we ship your parcel using sea freight containers, we have no restrictions on size or weight
- We provide all costs upfront, so there are no price shocks at the last minute
- We can ship almost anything, including bulky, oddly-shaped and small items
Contact us for your international shipments!
Here at Shipporter, our shipping company can ship almost anything, and best of all, you’ll know exactly how much you’ll pay for the shipping from the start – no unforeseen charges!
As reputed international freight forwarders, specialising in US to Australia shipping without the hassle and cost of other shipping companies, we consistently deliver great deals for Australian online shoppers.
If you’d like to find out more, feel free to contact our friendly and professional customer service staff.
Want to find out more? Contact us below